This information is to provide an overview for Member Associations relating to Finance Functions within FIFA Connect, and is only relevant to those Member Associations that have Products (fees) configured, and are using an Online Payment Gateway.
Member Associations are encouraged to conduct regular reconciliations between payments made within FIFA Connect and:
- The Online Gateway
- Manual Payments
Access to Finance Information
To Access the the following the Administrator must have the have an active Finance Admin Role.
- 'Payments' menu items at Organisation Level
- 'Transactions' menu items at Person Level
- Reporting 'Finance' Tab
- Reporting Person 'Transaction' Fields
Finance Admin Roles
There are four Finance Admin Roles, one at each level:
- MA Level = MA Finance Admin
- Region Level = RA Finance Admin
- District Level = DA Finance Admin
- Club Level = Club Treasurer
- Find Payment: Only available at MA Level. This can be used to find any payment at any level. To search add any 'Payment Reference Number' or 'Bank/Receipt Reference'.
- Invoices: Lists invoices at a particular level. Invoices can be filtered by; Person Type, Sport, Person Level, Age Level, National Period, or click 'Submit' to view all invoices.
- Pay Invoice: To search add any 'Invoice Number'.
- Payment History: Lists all payments made by that Level, or for that Level when payments originate via Self Registration.
Pay Now / Pay Later (Invoice)
When a product is applicable for a registration, the Licence step will list the mandatory and/or options products, and options to either 'Pay Now' or 'Pay Later'.
Pay Now is the default selection. Upon submitting the registration the user will be directed to the Online Payment Gateway.
- After a successful online payment is made and the user returns to FIFA Connect, a the confirmation message will confirm that the payment was successful. The payment will then appear on the Payment History page of the organisation making the payment.
- If an online payment is unsuccessful and the user returns to FIFA Connect, the confirmation message will confirm that the payment was unsuccessful. An invoice will be created for this transaction, and can be accessed on the Invoice list for that relevant Organisation.
- Pay Later, if chosen will create an invoice upon submitting the registration. The invoice will appear on the Invoice page of the organisation that created the transaction.
Once a successful online payment has been made, an Email Notification Receipt will be sent to the Finance Admin Role of the organisation where the registrant is associated with.
- Example 1: 'Club A' registers a player and makes a successful online payment, an Email Notification Receipt will be sent to the Club Treasurer of 'Club A'.
- Example 2: A player that Self Registers to 'Club A' and makes a successful online payment, an Email Notification Receipt will be sent to the Club Treasurer of 'Club A'.
- Example 3: A referee that Self Registers to the MA and makes a successful online payment, an Email Notification Receipt will be sent to the MA Finance Admin of the MA.
Manual payments can be made in FIFA Connect for invoices, but can only be processed at MA Level, by an Admin User that has an MA Finance Admin Role. Types of manual payment that can be made include:
- Bank Cheque
- Club Account
- Eftpos - Bankcard
- Eftpos - Mastercard
- Eftpos - Savings
- Eftpos - Visa
- International Cheque
- Money Order
- Other / Barter
- Personal Cheque
- Smart Card
Manual payments convert the status of an invoice from 'Unpaid' to 'Paid', and removes invoices from the Invoice list. The payment will then appear on the 'Payment History' page of the organisation making the payment.
To make a manual payment:
- Go to the Invoices pages
- Select one or more invoices using the tick box on the left
- Scroll to the bottom of the page
- Select 'Payment Type'
- Add any 'Comments' if appropriate
- Click 'Submit Manual Payment'
Payments made via Self Registration
- Payments made via Self Registration are displayed on the 'Transactions' tab, under 'My Registrations'.
- The transactions that are displayed in Self Registration are transactions associated with the person's latest Registration Record for a particular Role. Once new registration records are approved, the previous transactions associated with that particular Role will no longer be displayed.
- Invoices created via Self Registration, are linked with and are visible, at the organisation the registrant's Role is associated with.
- If a Self Registration user selects 'Pay Later' which creates an invoice and wants to make an online payment, they must contact the organisation that the registrant is associated with to arrange an online payment.
- If a Self Registration user selects 'Pay Later' which creates an invoice and wants to make a manual payment, they must contact the Member Association to arrange a manual payment.
Making Bulk Payments
If there are multiple invoices that exist at an Organisation, it’s possible to pay several invoices (or all of them) simultaneously with one payment.
To make a bulk payment:
- Simply list the invoices at a particular Organisation.
- Tick the invoices that require payment.
- Click ‘Pay Invoices Now’ to make an Online Payment, or make a Manual Payment (as directed above).
Payments whiled drilled down
When a higher level Organisation generates an invoice or makes a payment, whilst drilled down, for persons associated with a lower level Organisation, the Invoices and Payments are associated with the Organisation level that generated the invoice or made the payment. These transactions are not visible at lower level Organisations.
The Finance Admin Roles can access all the reporting fields and tabs with the addition of the 'Finance' tab, and the 'Transaction' section in 'Advanced People' Reporting.